Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This Is A Little Late.... but We Always Say Better Late Than Never

So seeing as I've officially chosen Aikido as my topic, I have to choose a style and then finally a school to learn it. So last week I visited an Aikikai style school and I really enjoyed it. The place was very nice, it had a really nice, friendly feeling to it. The instructor broke everything down, and the people seemed to learn very quickly. The things that withheld me from choosing this place was the fact that everyone had different skill levels. I didn't really mind, but I didn't want to just get started and hold people back, since they had beginners with non-beginners. Another reason why I didn't do it was because I could get hurt tangling with people who know what they're doing and I really don't.
The next dojo I observed was a Yoseikan group and I really enjoyed that also because it was really big and had a place to work out. The classes were still small though, which surprised me. The class was a fresh beginner class so I could come in and not miss much. So i decided to pick this particular dojo.
I called the head instructor and he said that I can start on Monday, which I will do so happily, but know I have to move my schedule around, but that won't be a problem

=]=

No comments: