Thursday, October 16, 2008

First Day of...

Okay, well I had my first day of training and I enjoyed myself there. the instrutors of the dojo were very nice and they broke stuff down. I learned how to escape a rear choke as well as counter a hook punch by using a technique called robuse. (in Aikido a hook punch is simulated by a yokomen uchi strike) I also learned Ukemi, or safe falling, which I am pretty good at. Ukemi is basically when you roll on the ground. I learned the roll from a crouching position and how to roll on your back. You place yourself in a ball while rolling, and don’t unroll. You also have to keep a bend in your shoulders and roll on your back in a curve. Unfortunately I missed Wednesday because of "circumstances" (angry face) but i do plan on going back on Monday again, and learning some more.

1 comment:

L. Savido said...

Seth,

You've got to find some ways to capture some of your training. Talk to the instructors and ask them if they would mind if you had some one come and take pictures or videotape at some point. I'm proud of your follow-through - keep it up!
- Mrs. Savido